SENIOR DIGITAL MEDIA BUYER
The Control Group (“TCG”) is entering a new and exciting phase and we are looking for a forward-thinking hands on Senior Digital Media Buyer to create, manage and optimize direct response paid media campaigns across multiple digital platforms. Do you have that unstoppable “fire in the belly” inner drive that pushes you to continually beat CPAs, seek out new niche sites and optimize conversion rates? Are you the type who is not satisfied with the status quo, not afraid to come up with innovative prospecting ideas and creative solutions? Do you get excited about finding that new winning media buy that generates record sales and profits? If so, then this may be the opportunity for you.
TCG is a premier web development company with ~15 million customers nationwide. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. We are constantly pioneering new ideas, products and services and continually looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. We are a five-year-old, profitable, stable and growing tech company. Check out TCG at www.thecontrolgroup.com/careers.
We offer a highly competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, UNLIMITED vacation, paid Sick Leave, paid holidays, 401k plan with company match. Company perks include: Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with free drinks and food, Xbox, foosball table, BBQ grill, surfboards, free throw basketball games, massages and onsite fitness classes. Dog friendly office - Bring your dog to work with you! Highly socially conscious and growing rapidly. Casual dress code (T-shirt and flip-flops are our uniform) with an 80+ team at our offices in Pacific Beach and Little Italy. Multiple year winner of San Diego Business Journal Best Workplaces and UT Top Places to Work in San Diego!
You will already have outstanding experience managing high volume digital advertising partnerships, large budgets and cutting-edge online marketing strategies. You understand how to drive media buying efforts to convert website visitors into customers with profitable pricing. You are a senior level forward thinking, passionate and innovative go-getter. You are able to drive strategies and make smart data-driven tactical decisions in real time to optimize campaigns. You have a clear passion for media buying and account management, and an excellent understanding of digital advertising in the customer acquisition journey.
- Create, manage, optimize direct response paid media campaigns across multiple digital platforms such as email, display, social media, native, search, content sponsorships, video and more.
- QA and resolve ad assets (3rd party tags, creative specs, etc.) to gain approvals in DSPs (DCM, DMB, AppNexus, TradeDesk, etc.)
- Effectively manage friendly, positive and productive relationships with online publishers and vendors.
- Research, identify and evaluate new direct website and network publishers to buy advertising space from on CPM, CPC and CPA pricing structures to continuously increase sales.
- Identify, research, evaluate media market trends, media supply availability, new markets and competitive activity. Capitalize on untapped opportunities such as niche sites and networks highly relevant to our products that might otherwise be overlooked.
- Negotiate pricing and terms for advertising purchases considering client requirements, media availability, media specifications and our pricing structures.
- Set-up and monitor advertising campaigns using ad tags or site-served creative.
- Analyze media buys and associated metrics on a daily basis to ensure campaign profitability. Analyze campaign data and develop tactics and strategies to continue scaling spend and improving performance. Measure and optimize campaigns using vendor dashboards, Google Analytics, and other reports.
- Proactively and effectively optimize paid campaigns utilizing KPI metrics and internal data to project performance, scale and continuously improve campaigns.
- Collaborate/coordinate with cross-functional teams including content, creative and development to craft new content for landing pages used for advertising campaigns.
- Collaborate with other media buyers to share and leverage best practices.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or other relevant field (or equivalent).
- At least 4-5 years’ technical experience with digital media buying.
- 4+ years of hands-on set-up, management and optimization of programmatic media campaigns within buying platforms and at least one DSP (at an agency or media trading desk) to deliver on various marketing goals.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and negotiation skills a must.
- Strong Google Analytics skills and working knowledge of SEO.
- Experience managing large monthly advertising budgets.
- Some knowledge and understanding of search marketing and programmatic marketing.
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively with management and peers.
- Exceptional work ethic, high sense of urgency, driven and self-motivated.
- Bold/confident – must be able to pick up a phone and call prospective publishers/account executives.
- Excited to learn new things and to work across multiple properties and business types.
Note for Principle Agencies - Principle agents should not forward resumes to The Control Group (TCG). TCG will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.