Facilities Assistant & IT Support
The Control Group (TCG) is entering an exciting growth phase in 2019, and we are looking for a self-motivated and versatile IT/Facilities Assistant, to join our Office Administration team! Do you enjoy fixing things around the office and troubleshooting common IT problems? Do you want to be a part of an amazing office environment and support an extremely fun and talented team? If you’re ready to start your journey into the tech industry and join one of the San Diego’s Best Places to Work, then this may be the opportunity for you!
TCG is an award-winning web development company with over 15 million customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology keeps people safe — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
Join our amazing team in our brand-new state-of-the-art office with stunning views of beautiful downtown San Diego, CA. Our dog-friendly office is packed with snacks and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)! We offer a highly competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out at www.thecontrolgroup.com/careers.
When it comes to IT and facility maintenance you are a jack of all trades. You have the ability to creatively solve maintenance issues that arise around the office. You have experience supporting an office team and troubleshooting IT issues. You are a multitasking ninja who thrives on organization!
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Under the supervision of the Director of Office Administration, provide administrative and technical support to the IT and Facilities department.
- Maintain confidentiality and perform with honesty, integrity and ethical conduct.
Facility & Property Maintenance Support:
- Receive and handle routine Building Property Management requests/requirements regarding company office space; determine appropriate actions needed to comply; and complete necessary routine maintenance tasks.
- Maintain, service, and conduct minor repairs on office facility, residential and/or rental properties.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled duties in the areas of basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, plastering etc.
- Coordinate with and schedule vendors, skilled labor and other service providers as needed.
- Assist with inventory of company property including computer equipment, furniture, etc.
- Coordinate new employee parking, assign parking access card and/or facilitate assignment of public transit pass.
- Escalate all non-routine and/or complex issues/requests to Director of Office Administration.
- Use personal vehicle to drive to/from off-site locations as needed.
- Assist in facility set-up for organized events as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
IT Support – Assist IT Engineer with the following duties:
- Issuing and setting up of computer equipment, software programs, G-suite etc. to new employees
- Collecting and deactivating of computer equipment, software programs, G-suite etc. of separating employees.
- Installing, routine troubleshooting, basic repairing computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals.
- Identifying, researching and resolving routine technical problems of low complexity.
- Providing basic networking assistance to users, including help with network connections and passwords.
- Coordinating with other teams or departments to resolve user problems.
- Issue, activate, deactivate employee ID Key Cards.
- Escalate all non-routine and/or complex technical issues/requests to IT Engineer and/or Director of Office Administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA in Computer Science (or technical certification) and at least 1-2 years experience in IT support, general maintenance or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Experience in office administration is a helpful.
- Basic maintenance skills (electrical, carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, and basic understanding of building codes.)
- Must be tech savvy with general knowledge of IT support and services.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and privacy.
- AV installation and support knowledge a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware, software and network issues.
- Ability to setup as well as revoke access for hardware and software during onboarding and offboarding.
- Some local travel required. Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record and personal vehicle required.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Good working knowledge of Apple IOS and hardware.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suites.
- Network cabling experience a plus.
- Experience with Google Admin Console is a plus.
- Knowledge of access control and surveillance systems a plus.
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with a sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate clearly, correctly, and concisely
- Must be able to work occasional extra hours and weekends.
Note for Principle Agencies - Principle agents should not forward resumes to The Control Group (TCG). TCG will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.