Facilities & Office Assistant
The Control Group (TCG) is entering an exciting growth phase in 2019, and we are looking for a self-motivated and versatile Facilities & Office Assistant to join our Office Administration team! Are you passionate about Apple products and enjoy fixing things around the office? Do you want to be a part of a fantastic office environment and support the evolving needs of a growing tech company? If you are ready to start your journey into the tech industry and join one of San Diego’s Best Places to Work, then this may be the opportunity for you!
TCG is an award-winning web development company with over 15 million customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology connects, informs and protects people — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
Join our amazing team in our new state-of-the-art office with stunning views of beautiful downtown San Diego. Our dog-friendly office is packed with snacks and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)! We offer a highly competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out at www.thecontrolgroup.com/careers.
You are a raving Apple fan. You have the ability to creatively solve routine office and maintenance issues. You are an Apple troubleshooting hotshot. You are a multitasking ninja who thrives on organization!
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
Under the supervision of the Director of Office Administration, oversee facilities needs of ample office space (15,000+ square feet, 65+ employees) as well as off-site commercial and residential properties.
- Submit and monitor “tickets” for workspace projects in progress. Including furniture orders, appliance orders, repairs, building out new office spaces, etc.
- Function as point of contact for a variety of vendors to ensure optimal partnerships both on and off-site.
Scheduling vendors, escorting throughout the facility, effectively communicating our needs, and following up appropriately.
- Maintain, service, and conduct minor repairs on office facility, commercial, and residential properties.
- Support office operations including internal scheduling, event support and set up, upkeep of open office areas, meeting spaces and kitchen.
- Light technical work including printer setups, occasional technical troubleshooting, maintenance of access control system, workstation setups, and occasional AV setup or troubleshooting.
- Coordinate new employee parking, assign parking access card or facilitate assignment of a public transit pass.
- Facilitate annual fixed asset inventory. Maintain and organize office fixed asset tracking throughout the year, including, but not limited to furniture and keys assigned to all workspaces and employees.
- Perform weekly facilities inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Escalate all non-routine and/or complex issues/requests to the Director of Office Administration.
- Use a personal vehicle to drive to/from off-site locations as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in office and/or facilities operations and working with vendors to fulfill office/facilities needs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Requires working knowledge of Apple hardware and OS, including laptops, iPads, iPhones, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot common Apple hardware, software, and network issues.
- Must have the technical aptitude to perform general technical tasks (e.g., printer installation, workstation setup, AV setup, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance tasks (e.g., assembling furniture, installing curtains, replacing light bulbs, etc.)
- Natural thirst for knowledge and an eagerness to further develop skills in a facilities role with exposure to IT.
Some experience with furniture fixed asset inventory, ordering and stocking office supplies is helpful.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required, including business writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, and highly accurate.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and quickly find solutions to problems.
- Some local travel required. Must have Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record, and personal vehicle.
- Must be able to use personal vehicle to drive to/from off-site locations as needed.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and privacy.
- Must be able to work occasional extra hours and weekends.
- Must pass a Background Check and DMV check.
Note for Principle Agencies - Principle agents should not forward resumes to The Control Group (TCG). TCG will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.