DIGITAL MEDIA BUYER
The Control Group (TCG) is HIRING and our business is GROWING!!! We are looking for a forward-thinking Digital Media Buyer to create, manage and optimize direct response paid media campaigns across multiple digital platforms. Do you have that unstoppable “fire in the belly” inner drive that pushes you to continually beat CPAs, seek out new niche sites and optimize conversion rates? Are you the type who is not satisfied with the status quo, not afraid to come up with innovative prospecting ideas and creative solutions? Do you get excited about finding that new winning media buy that generates record sales and profits? If so, then this may be the opportunity for you.
TCG is an award-winning web development company with over 15 million customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology connects, informs and protects people — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
Join our amazing team in our new state-of-the-art office with stunning views of beautiful downtown San Diego. Our dog-friendly office is packed with snacks and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)! We offer a highly competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out at www.thecontrolgroup.com/careers.
You will already have outstanding experience managing high volume digital advertising partnerships and cutting-edge online marketing strategies. You understand how to drive media buying efforts to convert website visitors into customers with profitable pricing. You are a forward thinking, passionate and innovative go-getter. You are able to drive strategies and make smart data-driven tactical decisions in real time to optimize campaigns. You have a clear passion for media buying and an excellent understanding of digital advertising in the customer acquisition journey.
- Create, manage, optimize direct response paid media campaigns across multiple digital platforms such as email, display, social media, native, search and more.
- Effectively manage friendly, positive and productive relationships with online publishers and vendors.
- Research, identify and evaluate new direct website, network publishers and partners to buy advertising from on CPM, CPC and CPA pricing structures to continuously increase sales.
- Identify, research, evaluate media market trends, media supply availability, new markets and competitive activity. Capitalize on untapped opportunities such as niche sites and networks highly relevant to our products that might otherwise be overlooked.
- Negotiate pricing and terms for advertising purchases considering client requirements, media availability, media specifications and our pricing structures.
Proactively and effectively optimize media buys utilizing direct response KPI metrics and internal data on a daily basis to ensure campaign profitability focused around CPAs, conversion rates and retention.
- Analyze campaign data and develop tactics and strategies to continuously scale spend and improve conversion performance and efficiencies.
- Collaborate/coordinate with cross-functional teams including content, creative and development to craft new content for landing pages used for advertising campaigns.
- Collaborate with other media buyers to share and leverage best practices.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or other relevant field (or equivalent).
3+ years of hands-on set-up, management and optimization of marketing campaigns towards performance based KPIs within buying platforms.
Strong understanding of testing methodology to leverage campaign history and prior knowledge obtained from other marketing and testing efforts.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of CPA and sales conversions and a high sense of urgency and priority to achieve CPA/Conversion goals.
- Thorough understanding of partner contracts/IOs including terms/conditions such as out clauses, cancellation policies, campaign dates etc.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and strong negotiation skills a must.
- Strong Google Analytics skills and working knowledge of SEO.
- Experience managing large monthly advertising budgets focused on direct response media and profitability.
- Some knowledge and understanding of search marketing and display marketing.
- Exceptional project management skills, consistent follow-through and strong organizational & time management skills.
- Must be highly accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively with management and peers.
- Exceptional work ethic, high sense of urgency, driven and self-motivated.
- Bold/confident – must be able to pick up a phone and call prospective publishers/account executives.
- Excited to learn new things and to work across multiple properties and business types.
Note for Principle Agencies - Principle agents should not forward resumes to The Control Group (TCG). TCG will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.