Sr Manager Financial Planning & Analysis – San Diego, CA
The Control Group (TCG) is HIRING and our business is GROWING!!! We are looking for a Senior Manager Financial Planning & Analysis to join our award-winning team. This newly created strategic position reports directly to the CFO and is responsible for leading company-wide financial planning and analysis. Does the prospect of being in a business partner role helping to shape the future for optimum business impact sound exciting? If so, then this may be the opportunity for you!
TCG is an award-winning web development company with over 15 million customers nationwide. Our cutting-edge technology keeps people safe — both online and off. Our websites are consistently ranked in the top 500 top traffic sites in the US. Our products have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Mashable, Vice, Entrepreneur, Business Insider — and even made a cameo in a Disney animated comedy! A pioneer of new ideas, we’re constantly looking to develop and deploy innovative strategies and solutions. Our people and culture are second to none: we’re innovative, creative, collaborative and talented. We work hard, play hard, and together — we work magic!
Join our amazing team in our new state-of-the-art office with stunning views of beautiful downtown San Diego, CA. Our dog-friendly office is packed with snacks and crazy-good perks (like free massages, kombucha on tap, free catered lunches, ping pong, video games, offsite team events and more)! We offer a highly competitive salary + bonus package, 100% company paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), UNLIMITED vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Student Loan Repayment Program, 529 Education Savings Plan, Training/Education Reimbursement, free Gym Membership, Paid Parking and 401k Plan with Company Match. Check us out at www.thecontrolgroup.com/careers.
You are a driven FP&A leader who has demonstrated success as a highly valued business partner, preferably in a SaaS subscription based business. You have a proven track record of achieving strategic outcomes. You use your blend of business knowledge, financial analysis, communication and collaboration to create high business value. You are a highly skilled, forward thinking, passionate and innovative leader.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Leads company-wide financial planning and analysis to drive business performance.
- Provides financial context and insights to decision makers and functional leaders across the company.
- Works closely with executive leadership to provide key financial results and forward-looking guidance.
- Creates and delivers performance reporting to executives to use in making key business decisions.
Develops annual budgets, manages monthly forecasting and supporting analysis focusing on underlying business drivers, key financial and operating metrics and sensitivity analysis.
- Identifies, challenges and captures efficiencies and financial process improvement opportunities.
- Reviews monthly financial results and provides clear and concise commentary of variances.
- Completes complex financial analysis for 3 company brands (revenue streams).
- Prepares separate financial statements, projections and forecasting for 3 company brands.
- Develops and deploys financial planning and analysis processes and tools.
- Assists with customization, implementation, maintenance of new ERP system.
- May lead and mentor other finance and accounting staff.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting. MBA a plus.
5-7 years’ full P&L financial analysis experience, including 1-2 years in management, preferably in a software tech company.
- Extremely helpful and highly preferred to have experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) company with subscription model.
- Strong business acumen and ability to quickly develop detailed understanding of TCG’s business drivers and how FP&A can be a value-added business partner to functional leaders.
- Ability to create/foster relationships as a trusted advisor with key cross functional business leaders and internal stakeholders to shape business decisions.
- Exceptional ability to use advanced Excel functions (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups) and Power Point to analyze datasets and synthesize complex financial information to present to business leaders for key decision-making.
- Deep understanding of income statements and drivers of income/revenue. Understanding revenue streams from SaaS highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Experience implementing/using technology to deliver a world-class financial planning and analysis function.
- Confident and comfortable challenging and being challenged by senior leaders.
- Ability to impact change and influence others.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, evolving environment.
- Highly motivated, proactive, self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize, adapt, remain flexible while managing multiple projects.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extremely accurate with strong attention to detail.
Note for Principle Agencies - Principle agents should not forward resumes to The Control Group (TCG). TCG will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes submitted from agencies without a prior written and signed agreement and authorized job order for this position in place.